Std. XII Activity Work Book

Activity Work Book for XII New syllabus (With Marathi Translation) is available for sale. Do buy it as early as possible. Price Rs. 380 + 50 (Packing and Postage charges)= Rs.430. Discount is available on buying 25 and more copies < Contact Writer:- Prof. Tushar Chavan from Rashtriya Junior College, Chalisgaon Dist.Jalgaon. Whats app Number: 9850737199 , Cell 9850737199. Pages in the book- 400


English Grammar Activity Workbook First Edition (for class 8 to 12) is available for sale. Price Rs. 220 + Rs. 50 (Postage / Courier Charges) = Rs. 270. Discount is available for buying 30 or more books. Contact Writer: Prof. Tushar Chavan from Rashtriya Junior College, Chalisgaon Dist.Jalgaon Whats app Number: 9850737199

Search in This Blog

Friday 16 August 2019

How to teach the topic: Std. XI- 1.1 Being Neighborly



How to teach the topic:  Std. XI- 1.1 Being Neighborly

Group task:- Discuss - How to teach the topic:  Std. XI- 1.1 Being Neighborly

Prof. Tushar Chavan

We get new text book for std. XI.

The first topic - 1.1 Being Neighborly is very lengthy.

All are requested to share ways/ techniques that you implemented in the teaching of this topic in your class.

1) Do you teach this topic by explaining each line to the students?

Or

2) Do you give only summary of the extracts?

3) Do you have taught complete topic - Being neighborly and then arranged activity sheets for the students?

4) Is it good to select extracts having 300 to 500 words and explain it? Give activity sheet on it and then go for next extracts.

5) How many activity sheets do you give to your students on 'Being Neighoborly'

6) Do you use the 'ice breakers'  for each new lecture?

7) Do you give answers to all the textual activities to your students?

8) How do you use the activities given in the left and right side margins in your teaching?

9) Do you give meanings of new words to your students?

10) Give list of problems that you have faced during teaching of this topic.

Please give your real experience.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 1

Prof. Patil Dipak Raisoni Jalgaon
Real experience.       
I started teaching students line by line explanation. Writing of difficult words .... Revision.... .. It took 4 lectures for 4 to 5 pages. After that I changed techniques.... which were best and I had to give less time. Girls performed role of 4 sisters ...... And one boy as Laurie..... And Grandpa. Not covered all points they liked a lot. My one activity finish of this month. It is so simple.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 2

Prof Bhadane Sir Nimgao Malegaon
Chavan sir I started my class with normal discussion make class friendly...related topic....then discuss icebrackers. I summarize the lesson or poem in Marathi and English. Then give them chance to read one by one para silently and ask them what they understood...if they get any difficulty I explain and provide activities related with text.

Prof. R J Gujrathi, Dhule
How do I start the discussion of a lesson or a poem in my class.
At the outset I draw the attention of my students towards the title of the lesson/poem. Try to know their opinions/understanding of the title. If necessary then I give them some additional explanation.
Then I discuss with them the Ice-Breaking/Preparation activities. Try to draw answers from them.
Then let them read the information of the writer/poet. Tell them the simple synonyms of the new words they ask.
Then as per the recommendations of CONSTRUCTIVISM, I make use of Skimming and Scanning method i.e. Reading Comprehension Method.
At first I tell them to start Skimming i.e. to read the lesson silently and try to understand as much as they are able to understand i.e.  Global Understanding.
After Skimming students try to solve the simple activities like-filling the blanks, matching the pair etc.to check their understanding.
Then we start Scanning of the lesson i.e. to read the lesson once again slowly and try to understand each and every word/sentence of the lesson. This time while reading students are making use of the meanings of the new words given at the right or left side of the lesson, discuss the new words with their friends, ask me the meaning of the new words, I motivate them to draw the contextual meaning of the new words. Simultaneously we are solving the activities given at the right/left side of the lesson. If required then I explain the word/matter in Marathi also. I play the role of Facilitator. My focus of discussion is on Language Learning i.e. on LSRW and not on learning only the story of the text. In this way we complete the lesson/poem. As it is said that the best teacher is that who teaches nothing, I try my level best to give my students more and more opportunities to learn by themselves. 

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 3

Prof Bina Priya
I start class with discussion on the topic then little discription about the lesson,then allow them to do ice breaker n discuss their views then about author and loud reading n explanation of each paragraph with meanings of new words n their views n questionnaire. After finishing the lesson, small class discussion on learning outcome and discussion of questions and style of writing Should we start taking  first  chapter of every unit n what would be the format for letter writing n question paper- are the current problem/question for me,kindly reply

Prof. Vinod Navghare
 In my college all the students are from rural area. They don't know the meanings of simplest words , so I had  to explain each line to the students with meanings of each word . It took me three weeks to complete the lesson . It is an herculean task to be the teacher of English in rural area. At the end of each lecture  I give them activity related to the topic. Regular periods are not sufficient to complete the lessons so that I prefer to arrange an extra classes on  sundays to complete the work , I give them meanings of new words.

Prof Sunita Shinde Kuwar
 Sir  the old cousrebook  was lengthy but it was easy to teach.In this new course book only  four units are included  but when we began the first lesson it's very lengthy. The question  Is that how can we complete  the syllabus if we go by this way? Ya  this Is the fact  of rural area.

Prof. Tanaji Chavan
Same with me

Dr. Madhavi Paul ASC College Chandrapur
 I start my class with the ice- breakers. Then I show them the related video or make them listen the lesson's / poem's audio. Once the theme is clear, it becomes easy for the students to understand the lesson/ poem and we can complete the lessons/ poems faster than teaching them in a traditional way. Students are also more interested in the audiovisual type of teaching. The activities given on the left and right sides are discussed simultaneously along  with teaching that topic.
I ask the students to do the activities like complete the following...
True or false as homework.
Other activities are dictated in the class.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 4

Prof. Vikas Rathod, Hated
I explain every line of the lesson & give meanings and similar words of difficult words...Then give them activities to solve.

Prof. Shamkant Patil, Mangrul
I also explain every line  & then tell the meanings of difficult words. At last give activities to solve them,

Prof. S.M.Patil, Tekwade, Shirpur
The same kind of method is generally used but some innovative like knowing the abilities and comprehension level of the students we tried to make some changes as I let them try for their own guessing and  skimming opportunities opportunity.
Icebreakers must be taken. Not necessarily as per given in the text.
I asked d students to ask me their problems in grasping vocabulary.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 5

Prof. Snehal S. Makanwar
I used multiple techniques ... dramatization of d episodes was emerged as fruitful. It consumed less time, students learnt, acted and enjoyed d lesson very much.

Prof. Shirsath D. Y. Rayat's C. D. Jain Jr. College
1.1 Being Neighborly
5 periods( no way )
I follow
Do Ice Break activities
Read a short passage and explain, discuss the activities in the right blue side
Guide to complete the given activities in the End..

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 6

Prof. Snehal S. Makanwar
I used multiple techniques; dramatization of d episodes was emerged as fruitful. It consumed less time, students learnt, acted and enjoyed d lesson very much.

Prof. Vaishali Jane
1) Really it is too lengthy to explain sentence to sentence and word to word.
But I think it is necessary for the students of rural areas and for Arts students whose vocabulary is very weak. Definitely it takes lot of time to complete.
I explain it according to the difficulty level of the sentence. Still I am teaching this lesson.
2) Before starting to teach this lesson, I gave summary in English as well as in Marathi so that students should understand the text easily. At first I also showed the videos of Prof. Shyamsunder Mane on the mobile.
3) Yet, I haven't taught complete topic but I gave the activities which are at the end of the text according to the completed portion of the text which help to reduce their burden.
4) Yes, it is. I follow the same method which I have explained above.
5) Not yet. I only ask them the activities given in the book.
6) No, I don't. I only used icebreakers which are given at the beginning of the text.
7) At first I ask the students to answer the activities, I wait for their reply. If they are unable to answer then I answer.
8) I also ask the activities given in both margins while teaching the text and ask these activities related to the extract which is going on.
9) Yes, I give its meanings. The meanings of some words are told orally and some words are written on the board which are difficult to spell.
10) This text is really tough to understand easily because it is fully literature. Vocabulay is also very tough. Figurative language is used. So, my main problem is time problem. It is difficult to complete within the limited period. Now, the final exam will be conducted on the entire syllabus. So, it is also hard to complete it. Already the teaching has been started late and some initial days were gone in waiting for the training. So, extra periods will be needed.
This is my real experience.

Prof. Thombare J. J. S. S. Jr College Majalgaon
I thoroughly go line by line, sentence by sentence, writing meanings of difficult words on green board, synonyms and antonyms. Explaining in English and Marathi.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 7

Prof Swati Tribhuvan
 Hello sir
I'm from Boy's town
I have selected 300 to 500 words then explain it then go for next one
I also gave meanings of new words

Prof Leena Shewale Deore. Shri mahavir jr. College Lasalgaon
 Good eveening to all.             
1) I have explained the lesson line to line and in between asked students some questions of my own, the mentioned activities grammar items, vocabulary based activities. I used 60 percent English and 40 percent Marathi while teaching, in this way per lecture I covered 30 to 40 lines.
2) No:  But I asked students to tell the summary.
3) I completed the lesson in 7 lectures. After finishing the lesson took 2 activity sheets. 
4 ) No comments.
5) 2 sheets
6) No, but I asked summary of the Previous lectures.
7) Some activities I covered during the teaching of the lesson, some of them were solved by the students.
8) No comments
9) Yes: I always give and some words are there for guessing so I make students to find the meaning by their own.  I always try to give English to English meaning. Last but not the least the material from this group was the mild stone for me!!! Thank you....

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 8

No one give any comment about their teaching process.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 9

Prof.Raviraje Zodagepatil, Sainik School Jr.College, Beed
Dear sir,I had big problems while teaching.I selected extracts explained them both in english and marathi.Firstly I told students to underline the difficult words with pencil from the lesson and writedown the meanings in class work book.First topic was very difficult to teach..so firstly introduced the Families.
Then told the story. Showed videos on youtube and finally concluded the topic with the activities which you gave us.

Prof Sayeed Saipan Saheb Solapure, Rajabahu Mone jr college Goregaon
I taught the lesson to my students with the help of Interaction and the concern activities.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 10

Prof. Sandip Shivdas Patil, Kannad
I give lot of meanings of words. I use Marathi mostly. Is it correct?

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 11

No one give any comment about their teaching process.

Jr. College English Teachers' Group 12

Prof. Muthe Balasaheb Pandurang Renukadevi Jr Col Pimpalgaon Pisa Tahasil Shrigonda
After loud reading and explanation I gave  them activity to solve.

Prof.Salunkhe Sushilkumar Udgir Latur
Yes, I do sir and I have given some activities too my students from your blog. And I always give them meaning of new words. While teaching I use gr tr method for giving explanation to my country side students. Thanks for your guidance sir.

Prof.Shinde P. B. kai. Shankarro Bajirao Patil Jr. Angar
I follow the same method. Sir, Is there any another idea that it will complete in less time?

Prof. Miss Shaikh. from   M.I.ULOOM YUSUFIYA URDU JR. College. Daund.
Yes I need to explain each line of the text. I also give meaning of new words. I don't give all the answers of the textual activity. After explanation students are able to do the textual activity by themselves, and I'm glad that this is the feedback from the students. I have given 8-10 activity sheets on 'Being neighborly'
Respect Sir, my students are not able to read fluently with proper pronunciation. What should be done to overcome this problem?

Prof. Deval (97641 77744)
I have very weak students. We have some solutions....
1. Ask them to read loudly.
Some difficult words are recited by class captain.
2. I advise them to listen English News every day.
3. I myself provide them English Newspapers n story books to create interest in reading.
4. Make list of very weak students n on last Saturday of every month observe their progress.
5. While doing all this tasks motivation about language n friendly behavior with students is necessary Students will surely response you.

Prof Kamble D. A. K. H. College Gargoti
Before going to teach, I select any one extract from the unit as per lesson plan, and then give overall theme of the unit. I explain the selected extract with the theme, difficult words, grammar views and giving guide lines as per activity based questions. I give them time for silent reading, after understanding it, I give them practice for solving the activity sheet further.

Prof Borude from Ahmednagar
I taught being neighborly. First I told them story in Marathi. Then I read the text. Then I told summary. And asked them to solve the activities. But student were not able to solve these activities. So I gave them answers.

Prof Shubhangi Tarawate Ciry Pride Jr college Nigdi Pune
I taught it line by line even gave them meanings Marathi is not allowed in our college so we have to use synonyms while explaining i will discuss activities that are given below the lesson. We have to go through the lesson thoroughly solve all the things that are given then it becomes easy we should also read more about it on net so that we can explain it thoroughly and students enjoy the lecture. Of course this is my method where I explain it giving examples of real life characters from Bollywood, sports, puranas, history and so many.

Prof Aniket Sawant K. M. E. S & jr college
Students are of all categories so while teaching them I think from the point of view of the lower level students. Who can't understand English- without explanation /by their own /without having guide books like Navneet.
I taught them line to line explaining each thing.
I began the text with ice breakers.
I completed it in 3 periods
Next two periods I summarize the previous part.
For new phrases.... I asked them if they knew their meaning... And then explain them.
I covered all activities which are given at the side of page..... Students easily answer them all.
Even I give them new activities by me like complete the Web chart... Give description etc while teaching...
I make them visualize the situations in the text.
Students have given good response to this method... And in group and pairs with my little help they have solved all questions under the text up to Direct - indirect...
Some references should be given there like who was Poll which tweaked the wig off.... Or what was Jo really doing instead of going school..... Students never asked about that but I feel I must know it and should explain it to my students
(Chavan sir plz guide me If I am wrong..... Here before I have tought all read and listen type way in a proper way.. But here I use explanation method for their better understanding... Because they are 11 th std students and still I am unaware about their capabilities... My only intention was to give them joy of the literature and perfect understanding.)
Thank you.

Prof. Miss. Mahadik S. U. Adarsh Uccha madhyamik vidya mandir, Vita
Sir, brain storming activities are really helpful i think we solved in the classroom. Students try to speak in English.

Prof. Mrs sunita S. Tiwade Miraj Mahavidyalay Miraj
First I solved the questions given in icebreakers by asking their views.                      Explained each character in the prose by drawing the tree diagram of both the families. Explained line by line. After each one or two pages I dictated activities.   Most of my children are from rural area of so very honestly I used Marathi. Most of the student solved activities.

Prof Akhlaque Sir from Sardar Junior College, Malegaon
I think for our students bilingual method is the most appropriate one. I also use Urdu as the best tool for teaching English. Mostly students are weak in English. But as a proceed and after completing two or three lessons I try applying communicative method. I usually allow my students to speak the answers in the classroom loudly. So on.

Prof Hafiza Patel Kanedi Jr, Sindhudurg
Thank you Chavan sir! The material you provided for being neighborly was really helpful for teachers to teach and students to learn and understand. I have used it in the class. There is Hollywood movie on little women. It helps us to understand the climate of America and describe it to students. Words like sailing to ,playing snow ball ,fire place, use of broom and shovel are related with climate which is related to this cool climate. Students can easily visualize it

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir l agree with Mr.vinod navaghare. I do the same method

Prafulla Mahure said...

Great job of collecting views of teachers on teaching.

Prof. Tushar Chavan said...

Thanks for the compliments

Atmaram Thokal said...

I started with title and its meaning and discussing our duties to our neighbour in difficulties and how to participate in their happiness. Being social we can't live without our neighbour, alone. It's impssible. Neighbours are not just neighbours they are the part of our relation with them should be like devotees. Introduced ice breakers. Explained central theme of the lesson then started with let me by line with hard word.

askari cadet college said...

Nice article i love fo read it specially your writing style keep it up you work well.
Cadet College in Chakwal

iso colleges said...

Nice Blog Thanks for sharing your valuable information . Keep going to sharing information. For more information visit our website


TOP COLLEGES IN HYDERABAD
BEST BBA COLLEGES IN HYDERABAD IN HYDERABAD
BEST B.COM COLLEGES IN HYDERABAD IN HYDERABAD

indiantrendingblog said...

Thanks For Sharing his nice Post.
Click Now
Click Now

Post a Comment